Sunday, April 10, 2011

Catch Up Time! - Hamburg Show - Post 1 of 100000

Well just like the title says it's Catch Up Time! Sorry I haven't posted since March! I have been super busy and just dont feel like blogging sometimes haha but oh well what can you do?

I guess we will start off with Hamburg Show. Hamburg was really fun and I liked both the judges. I thought that they placed fairly and did an excellent job. In the first show Mary Ellen S___ I forget her last name but she was the judge for Show A. Etienne did pretty good he placed middle of his class but it's time for him to sit back and grow haha. Even though he won't actually do that because I like showing no matter if I win or loose haha. Kennelly didn't do so hot which kind of determined my decision that he isn't really helping the herd and should go to a nice 4-H or Pet home. He's such a sweetheart so let me know if you are interested :) Genesis did awesomee okay just kidding not really she got 6 out of 8 but oh well what can you do,she normally consistently places the top 3 but I guess not this show. Then Filbert got DQed because I put the wrong tattoo on whoops! I put FILB and it's FILBT :( oh well it happens. Then Toy won her class!! YAY! She lost to the senior doe for BOS because she wasn't as developed and still has the baby coat which is understandable.
      Then in Show B the judge was Ben Haagen, who I really like. He is a really nice judge and goes through all the animals and then he explains a lot why they were placed where they were. Etienne did pretty good he got 4th out of like 10ish I think, but he said that he just needs to sit back and grow up some. He's a nice buck though :) Then Genesis got 2nd because she was being a little poophead and wouldn't pose so he couldn't really evaluate her that well then she's got some molting issues going on but he also really liked her. I am so proud of Genesis, she's such a sweet girl! :) Then Filbert got 3rd or 4th I cant remember I had to go and change the tattoo so he didn't get DQed this time haha. It seems like at every show they are always getting DQed at least someone is! Then Toy won her class again!! She's on a roll! She's so nice and loverable and she lost to the same Senior Doe.

Then as Julie and I were leaving we stopped to deliver some rabbits for Transport and then we ran into Pam and Traci and Traci had this amazing buck for sale and well I felt him and Julie and I both looked at each other like one of us has to get him and well that would be me! So introducing The Boyz Deuce! He's such a wide wide wide wide massive buck. He's a little over 4lbs so hopefully he won't be for Leesport but you never know! :) I am so in love with him though. I can't wait for little Deucey's! haha :) Thanks Traci! Then we got Filbert of course who is awesome! Thanks Eileen! Filbert is such a big love bug, he reminds me of a puppy and he's very blonde at times, he's constantly putting his feet in his water dish so I need to switch him over to a bottle I think haha :) But I think Filbert and Genesis will make some really nice babies! Then I got Tiujana from Ashlee. Thanks Ashlee! Tiujana I call her Tiggy for some reason but she's a super short doe with a really nice crown so I am hoping she will shorten and fix some of the crowns here. I am excited to show her though and see how she does :) Then I saw a fuzzy lop in the raffle and I figured if he was still there at the end of the show I would go see if there was a chance I could get him. Sure enough he was still there so they handed out new tickets to people who wanted him and there was probably 7 other people and I won! I was sooo excited I never win anything like that. So to say the least I was astatic. He's a registered buck named Copper. He's 5 years old but boy he can still have babies. I am excited to see how his and Toy's babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment